}

Friday, February 23, 2018

The census code arrived


Today, the envelope mentioned in the video I posted on Wednesday arrived. That means we can complete the census any time we want. I wasn’t joking in the Instagram caption: I really am excited about it.

The longer reasons are that I like filling out surveys, which is what a census really is, and especially when it’s trying to collect demographic data. The other reason that I’m excited is that the census provides the most detailed look at modern New Zealand than anything else does or can. We’ll learn all sorts of things about what New Zealand is really like, and how much it’s changed over time, but even just over the past five years. The results are always fascinating to me.

So, I love the census, and I love taking part. I know not everyone feels that way, but that really doesn’t have anything to do with me. I can be excited enough for lots of people.

No comments: