}

Thursday, April 30, 2015

And another view


In the video above, NCLR Executive Director Kate Kendell talks about her impressions after the oral arguments on marriage equality before the US Supreme Court. What she says is similar to, though different from, some of the other reactions I’ve read. Her observations about our opponents were particularly well put, I thought.

NCLR (National Center for Lesbian Rights) has long been one of the strongest and best forces for our side, so I was interested in hearing Kate Kendell’s thoughts.

I’m sure this won’t be anywhere near the last thing I post about this before the decision is handed down.

1 comment:

rogerogreen said...

For the court to decide that states have a right to decide themselves on this I see a 5-4 against. That states have to recognize marriage from elsewhere, I see a 6-3 in favor, including Roberts. We'll see how well my crystal ball works.