}

Friday, September 19, 2014

Last day

Today was the last day of the election campaign. It began at 6:30am with more sign waving on Onewa Road, only this time we were joined by Labour Leader David Cunliffe. And it poured.

Later, I took part in the crowd of supporters campaigning in Birkenhead with Richard Hills and David Cunliffe. That was really fun, but David sure walks fast!

This afternoon, I went to take down our campaign sings that were on fences. It wasn't nearly as hard as yesterday, fortunately. Naturally, I made sure that the very last sign I took down was one of Richard's. It just seemed appropriate.

It turns out, there was actually one more "sign" to remove: My bumper sticker for Richard and the New Zealand Labour Party (photo above). My car is now sad.

And that’s a good place to stop until the polls close tomorrow.

No comments: