}

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Gotta cut loose


This video amused me. Not in a guffaw sort of way, but in an “yeah, I’m getting older and I like to see my life reflected,” kind of way. I’m sharing it because, well, Kevin Bacon.

Kevin Bacon was a guest on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon on March 21 (USA time), in part to promote the 30th anniversary of Bacon’s film, Footloose, among other things. The set-up was that Jimmy announced that The Tonight Show had banned dancing, then Kevin Bacon breaks the rules with his entrance.

I thought it was kind of funny, but even more so that a 55-year-old Kevin Bacon was, in some ways, reprising his role in the film. Kevin's about six months older than me, and I certainly could not do any of the moves he did.

We don’t get The Tonight Show in New Zealand, so I have no idea how the rest of the show was. But this part made me smile. Your mileage may vary—Arthur’s Law, and all that.

This video has been all over the Internet, and I can’t remember where I saw it first.

2 comments:

Logan said...

Love it! And nope, the Tonight Show doesn't come here, but it is one of the few shows that posts many of the clips from each night on YouTube - AND - doesn't block on copyright grounds. Here's the interview with Kevin Bacon after his entrance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Mm7OxXHfU&feature=share&list=UU8-Th83bH_thdKZDJCrn88g&index=9

Arthur (AmeriNZ) said...

Thanks for the link!