}

Saturday, April 28, 2012

That’s more like it


Dave Strohmaier is a progressive Democrat who is running for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives from Montana. In this ad, titled “If you’re a Progressive, prove it!” he presents his commitment to fairness and equality for all people. It’s exactly the kind of ad I like to see: Ballsy, in-your-face about being progressive and an antidote to the mostly theocratic Republican Party (in the ad, he accurately says of his position, “it sure does annoy Republicans!”)

US citizens who want to contribute to Dave Strohmaier’s campaign, or anyone who just wants to know more about him, can visit his campaign website. He also has a Facebook page, of course.

I don’t know enough (well, much of anything really…) about Montana politics to know if he has a chance or not, though my guess would have been that it’s an uphill battle. Still, nothing surprises me anymore, and the state does have a long history of taking contrarian stands, so you just never know. I hope he does well.

Obviously, I strongly believe that we need more progressive Democrats elected to public office, and fewer “Republican Lite” Democrats. As the ad says, “If you are progressive, prove it.” I heartily approve THAT message!

(Via Joe.My.God.)

3 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Montana does have a Democratic governor, but I don't know much about him.

Arthur Schenck said...

Despite a lot of the spin we here, Montana is an unpredictable state in that it is often iconoclastic and, as I said, contrarian. I can respect that!

Dave Strohmaier said...

Every seat counts in the U.S. House if Democrats are ever going to regain a majority. This seat in Montana, which I'm running for, is completely winnable. After successfully sponsoring the first and currently only non-discrimination ordinance in Montana that protects LGBT rights, I'm ready to take this commitment to the national level. To do so, I need help. Please consider contributing at www.strohmaierforcongress.com. Thanks!