}

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Back in town

We’ve been away on holiday the past few days, which is why I haven’t been blogging. We went to visit family in Paeroa, and only got back this afternoon. Both of these are sort of connected.

I discovered once we got there that my iPhone 3GS had no Vodafone 3G service, which meant data was painfully slow (I should add that an iPhone 4 did have 3G service). About this time, I also discovered that the Blogger app I used a few times was gone from my iPhone, so I could only post using a web browser which, in my experience, doesn’t work well from any of Apple’s i-devices.

We stopped by the fairly new McDonald’s, partly because we’d never been there, and because I wanted to use their free wifi. And I did. But we weren’t there long enough for a post.

I was going to set up some posts to be published while I was away, but I ran out of time to get them ready. So, with the inability to easily add posts from where I was, I just skipped it. And, anyway, I was on holiday and didn’t really feel like posting, so I didn’t use any of the other available solutions (like borrowing a family member’s computer).

Sometimes, it’s nice to just shut everything off for awhile. It would’ve been nicer if it was entirely my choice, though.

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

I would have liked to have been able to have written more on vacation. Just can't shut it down - the brain, that is.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Arthur Schenck said...

Normally, the brain would not shut down, but for some reason this time it kinda did. I think the instigator was accepting my technological fate.