}

Thursday, December 31, 2009

At the end of the year

People like to take stock at the end of the year. They look at what went right, what went wrong, the good moments, the not so good. We like to look back and remember.

Ten years ago tonight, we were all waiting to see in the year 2000, most of us sure that the “Y2K Bug” was imaginary, but some fearful that it might not be. A minority were prepared to believe it was true, despite all the evidence to the contrary, just as some people are convinced the world will end in 2012 (it won’t by the way). Still, that was a very good night.

Unlike others, I won’t re-hash the year—there are plenty of sites that are doing that. I probably commented on a bunch of it here on this blog already. And for a pretty good wrap-up of the year in GLBT New Zealand news, GayNZ.com has its review.

But I will comment on the year personally, and 2009 was a good year for us. We got married in January and had our honeymoon in August. There were the usual get-togethers with family and friends, and other fun times. In sum, it was a good year.

It was also a good year for some of what I wanted do, too: Blogging, of course, my podcast and also another podcast, 2Political, which I started in March with my friend Jason (and which I’ve forgotten to mention ever since). I’m looking forward to even more creative endeavours in the New Year.

I love New Year’s.

No comments: