}

Monday, March 17, 2008

I REALLY am liberal

I was over at Dag Central and saw a link to a site called Electoral Compass that rates you on an ideology scale based on your answers to statements about issues ranging from marriage equality to taxes, gun control, the environment, military spending and so on. I did a different test about a year ago.

As the picture above shows (I’m where the pencil-like thing is pointing), I’m pretty well and truly on the progressive side of things, where the far top left corner is the most Liberal/Progressive, and the bottom far right is the right wing/conservative. This is actually the second time I did the quiz; the first was a little more centrist (had time to reflect).

The result is more or less true for me, at least in terms of American elections. Things are different here in New Zealand, where being liberal or progressive is just another part of the mainstream (except to the far right knuckle-walkers, which we have a few of, too).

Anyway, this site allows you to compare your positions with those of the candidates. It told me that I’m ideologically closest to Barack Obama and farthest from John McCain. Well, who’d have guessed that?

4 comments:

Fairy Princess Holly said...

Really!?!? You *won't* be voting for McSame?? I for one am SHOCKED!!! ;)

Fairy Princess Holly said...

Okay, i just took this test too, and I'm the same as you. Most compatible with Obama, least compatible with McSame. :) Surprise!

Arthur Schenck said...

Heh, heh, heh--and you're the same? Now I'M the one who's shocked! ;-)

Roger Owen Green said...

I took the test back in January and my pencil point was smack dab on Obama's face. Though, in fact, Clinton, Edwards and Richardson weren't THAT far off.