}

Friday, March 28, 2008

AmeriNZ 81 – First Podoversary


Episode 81 is now available, and it's free no matter where you get it from. You can listen to it or download it through the player at the bottom of the post here, or subscribe for free through iTunes here (you must have the free iTunes player installed). You can also listen to it for free through the player on my MySpace page.

It’s my first anniversary as a podcaster—my podoversary. As I begin my second year, I continue pretty much as I did in my first year. First, I share some of what’s been going on, before congratulatory messages allow me to comment further on my podcast and related topics. It’s an easy-going episode this week, and next week it’s back to normal. Thanks to everyone who’s listened to me over the past year—I appreciate everyone. This episode was run through Levelator because of all the phone messages, so if the sound is different, that’s why. Thank you all!

Leave a comment. Or, you can ring my US listener line on 206-339-8413. Email me (won’t be read on the podcast) at arthur{at)amerinz.com. You can also still use my other address, amerinz[at) yahoo.com.

Running time: 30:30

Links for this episode

Blue Savannah by Erasure iTunes USA Store or iTunes NZ Store. You can also buy Blue Savannah through Amazon.com.


Get AmeriNZ Podcast for free on iTunes

10 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Hi, Arthur - Thought you should know: I tried to get your podcast from my iTunes, per usual; it was on the menu. The little wheel spun around for the longest time, then I ended up with an ! in the left column. I've experienced this before, so I tried it again, with the same result. Fortunately, I COULD access it by clicking the PLAY button at http://amerinz.podomatic.com/.

Arthur Schenck said...

It didn't used to be this bad, Roger, and it's clear to me that I'm going to have to change hosts to fix it.

I download through iTunes and got 15:26 (about half the episode).It also took forever. The re-download is an unacceptably long time, too. Argh!

Hang in there, because I'm working to fix this permanently. In the meantime, you should be able to get any episode manually through iTunes, or by clicking the "download" button on the Podomatic page. I'll do a "how-to" post on this blog later today. But I'm pretty fed up with all the hassles Podomatic is causing me.

Brian & Jim in Rochester said...

Hi Arthur,

I could kick myself. Forgot to call and wish you congrats. Sorry! But I am saying it now. Love the show. I hope to talk to you on skype someday.

Nik said...

Congrats on the big anniversary! A year in blogging is like ten in the real world.

Kalv1n said...

CONGRATULATIONS ARTHUR!! I can't believe I didn't notice that it was your podoversary or remember. I feel so ashamed... :(

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 100th show! I haven't had any issues downloading your podcast on iTunes.

I hope whatever you decide about your contacts and Lasik, that it goes well. I just read your blog and I see that you are going to do it. So good luck!

You could feel the love in all those messages you got.

Anonymous said...

100th show? Damn, I meant 1 year of podcasting. CRS you know.

Wes said...

I'm a little behind, but being in America, we're inherently behind New Zealand. But a big congratulations on 100 episodes!

Wes said...

Darn that Archerr. His review was the last one, and then I got 100 stuck in my head. Darn his CRS. Anyway, happy one year

Arthur Schenck said...

Brian: Thanks! Don't worry abut not calling--I don't always remember to do it for podcasters, either, so it's really no big deal. We should record together some time.

Nik: Thanks. So, true, though ten years seems a little short...

Kalvin: Thanks, but nothing to be ashamed of. I'm just glad you still listen!

Archerr (1&2): Thanks, and thanks for the message. I'm not one to criticise others over CRS--glass houses and stones, doncha know. You're right about the messages, and the feeling is mutual.

Wes: Thanks, Wes! Uh oh, looks like CRS may be contagious!