}

Saturday, February 16, 2008

AmeriNZ 72 – Reconciliation


Episode 72 is now available, and it's free no matter where you get it from. You can listen to it or download it through the player at the bottom of the post here, or subscribe for free through iTunes here (you must have the free iTunes player installed). You can also listen to it for free through the player on my MySpace page.

I begin with a discussion of the Australian Prime Minister finally saying “sorry” to Aborigines. After a sound clip and some explanation, I include the special perspective of a guest commentator, an Australian who talks about how this was received, then about the topic of compensation and more. How does all this compare to New Zealand? From there it’s on to a talk about iTunes and a real surprise. That gives me a chance to tell you a bit more about where I’m coming from. Comments round out today’s episode.

From my perspective, this is what podcasts are all about—real people talking about what’s really happening, without the mainstream media filtering it. Let me know what you think.

Leave a comment. Or, you can email a comment to comment(at]amerinz.com, or send a personal email to me (won’t be read on the podcast) to arthur{at)amerinz.com. You can also still use my other address, amerinz[at) yahoo.com or ring my US listener line on 206-339-8413.

Links for this episode

Blue Savannah by Erasure iTunes USA Store or iTunes NZ Store. You can also buy Blue Savannah through Amazon.com.


Get AmeriNZ Podcast for free on iTunes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of when the state of Virginia apologized for slavery.

I can't say that I would be so nice to republicans. I can't agree with them on very much and feel they don't think I have equal rights even though our constitution says we are all created equal.

Arthur Schenck said...

I just draw a distinction between people who are Republican and the Republican Party. The people are often misled (or worse) by a cynical party leadership. The party leadership and most of the federal elected officials have betrayed core Republican principles to ensure that everyone does not have equal rights. Now, the ordinary Republicans who also attack GLBT people, they're fair game, too.