}

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

AmeriNZ #34 - Knocks

Episode 34 is now available, and it's free no matter where you get it from. You can listen to it or download it through the player at the bottom of the post here, or subscribe for free through iTunes here (you must have the free iTunes player installed). You can also listen to it for free through the player on my MySpace page.

Today was a warm, sunny, beautiful late winter day in Auckland, and I’m back—and probably back on my normal schedule, too. I’ll talk a little bit more about that, and other things going on with us, starting at 1:19.

Tony Orlando is touring New Zealand at the moment for the first time in his career. At 3:10 I’ll update a couple of the things I talked about last week. New Zealand and Australia have issues at the moment. I’ll tell you about that in the extended topic, at 5:58. Finally, it’s on to comments at 10:35.

I put a new poll on my blog, “Who’s your favourite Kiwi?” Vote for as many as you want. It’s completely anonymous.

Leave me a comment and take part in the poll. You can send an email to me at amerinz{at)yahoo.com.

Related links for this episode:

Price rises on the way after dollar's big dive and Dollar in 'scary' dive.

Tough US entry law creates rift with EU.

Australian army won't use Air NZ again and Clark tells Aussie minister to stop meddling in NZ. Erebus article censor found at Air NZ.

Mike Hipp’s Podcastsoup.net


Get AmeriNZ Podcast for free on iTunes

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm first!

I hope the kitty cat is getting better! I'm thinking about you.

Good luck with the deck. Sounds like it's quite an undertaking.

Podcasting Tuesdays and Fridays would be wonderful but don't over do it. Just podcast when you can.

While your dollar is losing value, my 401 K is dropping as well. I feel your pain at the pump too.

Congrats on the new iMac! Now I expect to see a video from time to time because you have the video camera built in. You have no excuse not to make a video now!

I voted for you because you're the only kiwi on that list that I know. :)

Kalv1n said...

You macolytes mac me sick. PUKE. I'm still impressed with the editing. Sorry to hear that you and your Ozzies are having so much difficulty. That's terrible news about le chat. Hopefully, things will turn out for the best. It's horrible how you guys are just having bad pet luck. :(

Michael in Stuttgart said...

Actually I do know some people in NZ, but my favourites are of course you Arthur and Nigel - why is he not on the poll?!
I am sending good vibrations for your cat - they have nine lifes, haven´t they!!!!!?

xxx Michael in Stuttgart

Michael in Stuttgart said...

lives (ups)

Arthur Schenck said...

Archerr: You know, I did play a bit with the iSight camera, but it didn't occur to me to do a video (or is that iVideo?). We'll have to talk...

Thanks for the good wishes!

Kalvin: Your illness is shared by Mike Hipp--perhaps you need an iCure?

I'm not at all fanatical about Macs (though I may have been in the early 1990s). I just want the best system for the things I want to do and, with years of experience on both platforms, Mac is simply better. I did the best I could with my PC, but I can do more and better stuff with a Mac. That's really all there is to it--um, so far, anyway...

We've been wondering about our run of bad luck with pets, and why some other--less suitable carers, shall we say--seem to have no trouble at all. Maybe this is the end of the run of bad luck.

Michael: Well! Nigel isn't on the list because I figured he'd win hands down. I know I would've voted for him instead of me! (just quietly, I have it on good authority that Nigel cast the first vote for me!)

We appreciate the kind words about our cat--vielen dank, mein Freund!

Walt said...

Hi Arthur,

Finally got around to voting in the "favorite Kiwi" poll. I always intend on stopping by your site, but I only think of it when I'm listening to the podcast, and I usually do that at work, where most sites are blocked.

I'm wondering why you left probably the most important Kiwi out of the voting? Or is it a given that Lucy Lawless would prove to be just as popular as Nigel? :-)

As always, I'm enjoying the show. Can't wait for you to have more guests on, whether it be Nigel, other relocated Americans or members of the podcast community.

-walt

Arthur Schenck said...

I have the same problem, Walt--I often listen to podcasts on my iPod when I'm nowhere near a computer. But don't ever feel obligated to leave a comment--it wouldn't be fun anymore if you did!

If I'd included Lucy, then I'd have to include Michael Hurst from Hercules, too. Fairness, you know. So, I decided I'd be the only Kiwi media star on the list (yes, I am kidding...)

More guests to come!