}

Friday, August 03, 2007

AmeriNZ #31 – Weather

Episode 31 is now available, and it's free no matter where you get it from. You can listen to it or download it through the player at the bottom of the post here, or subscribe for free through iTunes here (you must have the free iTunes player installed). You can also listen to it for free through the player on my MySpace page.

What’s the weather like in
Auckland? Well, it’s way better than Chicago! I tell you what it’s like here, what that means and, well, how much better it is than Chicago. A revelation about how Kiwis are in winter! But what does that mean, practically speaking? Ice scrapers?

Changes are coming for the Tuesday edition of the podcast: Conversations, I hope. Fridays will be as they have been. It’s an adventure!


From there, it’s comments. Then, a look at what I take from download statistics. Or, maybe I shouldn’t—what do you think?


A big shout out (and much love) to Tom the Ramble Redhead.


Please leave a comment or send an email to me at amerinz{at)yahoo.com (anonymous comments are okay, and emails are kept confidential).

Update: I'm one of the participants on this week's ArcherRadio group show, AR503 Gay Republicans.



Get AmeriNZ Podcast for free on iTunes

5 comments:

Michael in Stuttgart said...

Excellent podcast again! The invisible listeners do appreciate your work and we do profite from all your interesting information about NZ and yourself.
It is difficult to say what I like more, solos or interviews. I guess interviews are somewhat more personal due to their conversational form. On the other hand your solo podcast usually are very well done and always substantiated. Thanks for the great job you do!

Michael in Stuttgart

Anonymous said...

Hi Arthur

I should apologize for not getting some of the details right on one of your podcasts; for you see, I do this note taking while I'm at work and (at least usually) working. That dynamic means that sometimes I get stuff wrong; but I'll also blame this flub up on ignorance of the New Zealand typography!

I feel for all you podcasters on the feedback issue. It's terribly discouraging to put out what you think is some of your best work, only to have absolutely no one comment on it!

Try being a podcast journalist, that has to be the loneliest job in podcasting. I have, at various times, taken comments off of podcastsoup.net because it just looks pathetic to have no comments week after week after week.

Keep up the good work Arthur!

Arthur Schenck said...

Aardwork: Vielen Dank! I think the conversational episodes seem more personal, too. And it's interesting to me to talk with others, so mayber that comes through. At this stage, I'm not ready to give up either one.

Mike: I was really only teasing about the driving thing. The truth is, when I listed to myself it actually sounded to me like I said I was driving from the South Island, when I actually said South Auckland. Must be that mongrel accent thing...

I don't know that I've done my best work yet, but I completely agree that the lack of feedback can be discouraging. I'm kind of relaxed about it now, though.

Funny you should mention the comments on podcastsoup.net. I've seen that there and often wondered if there was some sort of unspoken rule not to use it. So, following proper netiquette, I decided to see what others did--though I know I left at least one comment there. Maybe people think they'd be commenting on an episode rather than your work? I wonder if it would help if from time to time you reminded people they can leave a comment about your summaries.

In the meantime, I'll look for an opportunity to leave a comment on podcastsoup.net to encourage the other lurkers to do the same.

Anonymous said...

The weather discussion was interesting...what's that saying, "old men talking about the weather" hehehe...not that you're old or anything.

Good luck with the Tuesday shows. I do enjoy your conversations with other people as well as your shows alone. You should have Nigel back often.

Thank you for the kind words about podcasting and helping you. I appreciate it. :)

Arthur Schenck said...

Well, Archerr, there are some days when I feel very old indeed.

I'll have Nigel on again. I want to sort out some sort of format for that, to make it a more regular kind of thing.

As long as we're spreading thanks, thanks for all your support!