}

Monday, March 26, 2007

Busy times for nothing

I don’t know anybody, really, who doesn’t say “I’ve been so busy lately!” So, I won’t bother, though it’s been true for me.

On Saturday, my mother-in-law returned from her trip, so she stayed with us that night and we had a little family get-together with the sister-in-law and niece who live in
Auckland. Then on Sunday it was off down country for another niece’s fifth birthday party and another family get-together. Added to all that, I’ve had a lot to attend to, both with work and tax time in two countries.

Nevertheless, I’ve managed to stick to my post-a-day goal, aided by having some less busy days that allowed me to do rough drafts of posts for busier days. Or, so I thought: More often than not, that brilliant plan collapses when something comes up in the news or a blog or a podcast and I need to say something about it. Okay, I want to say something.


Anyway, one thing I missed during this busy time was the return of one of my favourite bloggers, Evil European, whose blog has been on hiatus for awhile (it’s okay, though, I found it again today).


And that’s the catch-up. It may seem like a lot of nothing, but sometimes “nothing” takes up more time than “something”. But there are many things to talk about (okay, that’s always true), and I’m also working on a few other things that I’ll talk about in due course.

In the meantime, this post doesn’t count as the one for today, so stay tuned.

No comments: